This section details some links to other websites that deserve to be mentioned on this blogsite and should be checked out!
Other The 94th Minute Links:
- Official Twitter Account
- Official Facebook Page
- Instagram Account
- Around the Football World – the ‘sister site’ of The 94th Minute which focuses on international football
Brilliant Groundhopping / Football Websites
Below are the links to some other brilliant groundhopping or football blogs / websites which you should most certainly check out, and have helped, supported or inspired The 94th Minute in the past!
- 48 SHADES OF FOOTBALL – A superb location for obtaining information about Korean football, 48 Shades produce a regular podcast (which is now over 200 podcasts!) with plenty of information and news about what is happening in Korean football. Well worth a listen to!
- ADJI THE GROUNDHOPPER – A Birmingham-based groundhopper who produces superb blogs and vlogs of his groundhopping travels from all around the country. Plus he’s a top bloke also!
- AFE FOOTBALL NEWS – A football blog set up by Anglesey-based journalist, Arron Fôn Evans, in 2015, which brings readers the news and scores from Wales and beyond. Majorly focuses on Anglesey football throughout the various levels of Welsh football, and the news, results and stories coming from the Anglesey League in particular!
- CHIMAEK CULTURE – Reporting on all kinds of things from South Korea, and Korean culture in the UK. Ran by K League United’s Gwangju FC and Korean National correspondent, Peter Hampshire.
- CM01/02 SUPER LEAGUE – The CM01/02 Super League is a competition based on the Australian league format in Championship Manager 01/02, where 14 teams made up of the best 336 players in the original database of the game, compete against each other as any normal football league. The teams are managed by a chairman based on information provided by the 14 managers, with matches taking place Sunday nights at 9pm (UK time) and broadcast live on their YouTube channel.
- BLOGSITE: https://smfyfe.wordpress.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ7cPbHvP5Tw-h0FBnhDoZg
- TWITTER: @cm0102sl
- CHAIRMAN: @MartinPlaysCM
- COLEMAN HAD A DREAM – A podcast and blog about Welsh football produced by two Welsh exiles, Dai and Ruth, who are currently living in America, but are still obsessed with Welsh football.
- DAVID’S ADVENTURES IN GROUNDHOPPING – An excellent groundhopping blog from Shrewsbury Town and Chorley fan, David Preece, which focuses mainly on northern English lower league clubs. Well worth reading!
- BLOGSITE: https://davidsadventuresingroundhopping.wordpress.com/
- TWITTER: @DavidJohnPreece
- INSTAGRAM: preeced1990
- FOOTBALL: WHEREVER IT MAY BE – The superb groundhopping blog of super groundhopper, Laurence Reade. He always produces excellent blogs with lots of pictures of his many, many footballing travels.
- FOOTBALL IS…AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT – A Shropshire-based YouTube channel which produces fascinating vlogs on lower league clubs in England, as well as interviewing members of the non-league community. Top, top lads also! #AbsoluteGeezars
- YOUTUBE: FI…ATIWIW YouTube Channel
- TWITTER: @FootballWant
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/FootballIsAndThatIsWhatIWant/
- FOOTBALL PAUL – The personal YouTube and Facebook account for K League United’s Associate Editor, Paul Neat. A Daejeon Citizen and Preston North End supporter, and a Korean national hero! Produces a regular ‘Korean Football Shinmun‘ video which details what being discussed in the Korean media about the K League – think James Richardson but with added soju…
- FORGOTTEN CLUBS – This is a blogsite that is dedicated to bringing back to life those football clubs that are no longer with us. Detailing the histories of clubs who have fallen on hard times, creating nostalgia, and revoking memories from football fans in every league.
- FROM THE TOFU BOWL – A superb site which focuses on all football from all of the East Asian countries. Founded by Mark Henderson and Owain Lacey, they produce regular articles, podcasts and videos talking about the news, headlines and results from the EAFF countries, such as Taiwan, China, South Korea, Hong Kong, etc.
- GARETH’S FOOTBALL TRAVELS – One of the best groundhopping blogsite around at the moment! Founded by Gareth Thomas, he writes excellent and well researched articles about the clubs he visits, as well as the history of the locations he’s visiting. He has also branched out to writing articles about ‘One Club Men‘, programme reviews and interviewing people involved in the lower league scene. Not to mention he is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet! A top, top guy!
- GAZZETTA FOOTBALL KOREA – A new audio and video English language podcast where three friends take an in-depth look at what is happening in the K League, and South Korean football.
- PODCAST: https://gazzettafootballkorea.podbean.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClVfGSdPvBAZaRdFMuwjIXw
- TWITTER: @GazzettaKorea
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GazzettaKorea/
- GIBBO’S 92 – This is the excellent groundhopping blog of Atherton Collieries fan and committee member, Joseph “Gibbo” Gibbons. Along with detailing his many journeys with Atherton Colliers through the lower leagues witin Northern England, there are also superb blogs of groundhops beyond Lancashire and Yorkshire, and beyond.
- GRASSROOTS NORTH WALES – This is the website of the doyen of North Welsh football (and sport), Dave Jones. Here you will find lots of information, news articles and results from all of the football leagues in North Wales, both male and female leagues. In addition, he branches out into other sports which are played within the northern counties of Wales. A really nice bloke also, who has supported me on numerous occasions!
- HIGH STRESS THERAPY – A groundhopping and mental health blog created by Wrexham supporter Lewis Davies. He uses groundhopping a form of therapy for his mental health, as it allows him to focus on the football (and forget about other issues) for 90 minutes which helps him feel better. Lewis writes about his groundhopping journeys, either through following Wrexham or just watching football from around the country. In addition he writes excellent blogs on mental health also. A superb blog and a really nice bloke also!
- IT’S STILL NIL NIL – A podcast series which focuses on football within North Wales and North West England, and have regular interviews with people involved in football within the regions. Hosted by Aaron Bennett & Owen Ford.
- PODCAST: Spotify Channel
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtg_IxPrBZz6GM7daGWxnoA/
- TWITTER: @itsstillnilnil_
- JOHN MCALLISTER – A Barry Town United and Celtic supporter who produces superb groundhopping videos on South Welsh clubs.
- K LEAGUE UNITED – If you’re looking to know more about South Korean football, then this website should be your first port of call. KLU is dedicated to providing English language coverage of the latest South Korean football news, opinions, player interviews and match previews for the K League 1, K League 2, KFA Cup and Korean National Team. They also produce an excellent and informative weekly podcast, which is available wherever you download your podcasts from! Plus they a group of top lads who will always answer any questions on Korean football.
- K LEAGUE SHOW – A group of three mates attempt to learn about K League football as well as the South Korean football scene and general culture of the country. They currently produce a weekly podcast talking about what has happened in the K League, as well as funny chat about what they have found out about the country.
- KOREAN AWAY DAYS – A recently created YouTube groundhopping channel which focuses on groundhops in South Korea. Fronted by Suwon Bluewings and Barnsley supporter, Scott Whitelock, he films his experiences at the many Korean football grounds, watching games at every level in the Korean football pyramid. A fantastic channel and well worth watching!!
- LOSBOYOS – The spin-off to Lostboyos (kind of like Frazier to Cheers) where Matt Harrison writes about his groundhopping travels around España following Málaga CF. In addition, he writes more than just groundhopping, but also travel, culture, beer, and everything else that he discovers as he lives and works in Spain.
- LOSTBOYOS – A superb groundhopping website ran by Welsh brothers Matt and Marc Harrison, which has covered a vast array of clubs throughout the years. Focusing on clubs in the UK, Eastern Europe and South East Asia nowadays, it is one of the best groundhopping blogs around, with blogs being described as being the definition of “rock and roll groundhopping” #NoFlatCapNoParty
- LOST IN FOOTBALL JAPAN – A superb groundhopping YouTube channel and blogsite created by Plymouth Argyle supporter, Chris Hough, who is based in Japan. He regularly vlogs and blogs his experiences that he discovers at the many football grounds he visits to watch J League (and lower league) action. If you want to know more about Japanese groundhopping, this is the best YouTube channel out there for it!
- MANCHOPPER’S VENTURES – A superb groundhopping blog from Manchester-based groundhopper, George Cheetham. If you like your groundhops with pub tales, great travel stories and a heavy addition of football history, then this blog will certainly fulfill your wishes. Excellently written blogs with plenty of pictures also! Well worth a read!
- MENORCA FOOTBALL – An English-based, English-language website dedicated to football on the Balearic Island of Menorca, with the ultimate dream of seeing a club from the island in the top tiers of Spanish football.
- WEBSITE: https://www.menorcafootball.com/
- TWITTER: @MenorcaFootball
- MODERN SEOUL – An excellent website, ran by Incheon United and Swindon Town supporter Tim Barnes, which covers a wide range of different topics, from sports predictions in the K League and UFC, to product reviews, as well as tips and advice on getting the most out of life in Seoul as well as the rest of Korea.
- MY YEAR IN THE WELSH LEAGUE – Disillusioned Cardiff City fan, Nicky Roberts, decided to jump into the interesting world of Welsh league football by setting himself a challenge of seeing 100 Welsh football matches within one year. This is his superb blogsite which detailed his spectacular journey from beginning to end.
- NORDIC FOOTBALL POD – Presented by Steve Wyss and Jonathan Fadugba, this excellent podcast discusses all the news, results and fixtures from the Norwegian Eliteserien and the Swedish Allsvenskan. Two men who certainly know their Nordic football and produce really interesting podcasts, as well as having interviews with some of the biggest names in Norwegian and Swedish football also! Well worth a listen!!
- NORTH EAST WALES FOOTBALL FANPAGE – A football site dedicated to all the things involved with the North East Wales football scene. Created and ran by Rhostyllen fan, and Y Clwb Pel Droed contributor, Toby Jones, the site is currently in production but should be a very interesting and useful source for all news and information concerning football within Flintshire, Wrexham and the whole NE Wales scene.
- OUTSIDE WRITE – A superb website and regularly produced podcast, ran and hosted by Chris Lee. It provides interesting articles and fascinating podcasts on a wide range of subjects regarding football history, travel and culture from around the world.
- PAT’S FOOTBALL BLOG – An excellent blog ran by Pat McGuinness, which focuses on the smaller nations in world football, such as Greenland, San Marino, etc, as well as the countries who play in the Island Games and CONIFA.
- SOCCERSWAP – Soccerswap is an Irish-based website which, at its core, is an exchange of football-related gifts, club merchandise and memorabilia as well as other tokens and gifts between two football fans chosen at random during each round. The aim of Soccerswap is to build a community of football fans from around the globe by interacting, sharing and connecting in a celebration of football.
- THE ANGLING REV – This is the personal blog of The New Saints’ media officer, and pastor, Rev. Stewart Bloor. In his blog, he often describes his day-to-day adventures with TNS, as well his numerous journeys and adventures angling, plus advice for life in general. One of the nicest people in Welsh football, and an absolute honour to know!
- THE ASIAN GAME – A superb blog and regular podcast which focuses solely on all football taking place throughout the whole Asian continent, both at club level and internationally also.
- THE BELGIAN FOOTBALL PODCAST – A superb English-language regular podcast hosted by Ben Jackson, Scott Coyne and Joris Becq, and is dedicated to all things involving Belgian football. They discuss the news involving the international side The Red Devils and with a huge focus on weekly ongoing in the Belgian Pro League, and Belgian teams in European competitions.
- THE FITBA NOMAD – A fantastic groundhopping blog from the Nomad which delves into the interesting world of Scottish “fitba”, and provides superb write-up on Scottish football clubs within the professional and junior leagues. Certainly a must-read blog if you are considering travelling to Alba for some drinks and football! Is also an established author with his excellent debut book “The Adventures of The Fitba Nomad“.
- THE FOOTBALL HISTORY BOYS – Ran by Ben Jones and Gareth Thomas, they are a Welsh duo of teachers, who are also accomplished authors (producing the super football book “Football’s Fifty Most Important Moments“) and excellent football historians. Also winners of the Football Blogging Awards in 2014, and finalists in 2019.
- THE GROUNDHOG – One of my favourite groundhopping blogsites out there and always the first blog I check to gain some information on a ground before heading there myself. If the ground exists, chances are The Groundhog has been there! A brilliant blog and a top bloke also!
- BLOGSITE: https://thegroundhog.blog/
- THE GROUNDHOPPER – Another superb groundhopping YouTube channel which produces vlogs focusing on Welsh league football. However, he often produces vlogs from football grounds from abroad, providing a vast range of videos, from central Wales to Croatia, and beyond. Top Football Manager producer also!
- THE K-LEAGUE KILT – Another excellent K League blog from the viewpoint of a Scottish ex-pat who now lives in South Korea, and supports Seongnam FC. The K-League Kilt has lots of K League news, predictions and groundhopping journeys around the K Leagues make it another website which is well worth visiting and reading! A superb website!
- THE OTHER BUNDESLIGA – Created by three Austrian-based Brits; Tom, Simon and Lee, they produce a regular podcast which focuses on everything involving Austrian football. Looking at the news coming from the Austrian Bundesliga, as well as Austrian clubs’ performances in European competitions, and the fortunes of the Austrian national team. If you want to know more about Fuβball aus Österreich, then this is certainly your first stop! Plus the three lads are top guys!
- THE TWELFTH MAN – Another excellent blogsite which focuses on Welsh football in general. Founded by Merthyr Town and Arsenal supporter, Louis Moore, he focuses more on South Welsh football with excellent blogs and videos produced from his travels around the Welsh leagues.
- THE TXOKO POD – Pronounced “The Choko Pod“, it is a regular podcast that is hosted by Dan Parry and Tony Gilfoyle, two football fans who reside in the city of Bilbao. They produce a podcast that focuses on, and talks about, football goings on within the Basque Country or Euskadi (in the Basque language), and the Basque teams who compete within the Spanish leagues.
- THE66POW – A superb groundhopping blog ran by Rob which covers every level of football you can imagine, with excellent photographs of the games also.
- BLOGSITE: https://the66pow.blogspot.com/
- THIS IS WELSH FOOTBALL – A superb account which covers all levels of the Welsh football league pyramid. Co-founded in January 2018 by Callum Howen and Sion Williams, the Twitter account has grown incredibly quickly in a short amount of time, and aspires to promote Welsh league football wherever it can. Also produces live Twitter reports on selected games throughout the season.
- TWO MEN IN SEARCH OF THE BEAUTIFUL GAME – A couple of friends from each side of the North London football divide who to take part in groundhopping up and down the country. Producing both excellent vlogs and blogs of their visits, #BeautifulGame15 produce super content which is incredibly interesting and fascinating, with the duo’s enthusiasm for lower league football always shining through! Certainly one of the best groundhopping vlogging accounts out there! Top lads who are keen to flash the contents of a cheeseburger, or enjoy a ‘non-league lean’!
- WINGMAKERS CHAT – It is a blogsite that was founded in 2019, and is an unofficial site for all things connected to the Cymru Premier, and Flintshire-located side, Airbus UK Broughton FC. Their aim is to produce high quality content for all the Wingmakers fans for all home and away games. They also bring all the latest news, views and reaction coming from the Airbus UK Broughton camp.
- Y CLWB PEL-DROED – The ‘must visit’ website for all news relating to anything connecting within the Welsh footballing pyramid. Co-founded in July 2016 by aspiring journalists Nick Davies and Jordan Jones, the website has grown into the biggest and well-respected Welsh football news site in a relatively short period of time. It continually produces daily news reports from clubs all around the country, and gives an increased exposure for all Welsh league clubs. Nominated for a Football Blogging Award on numerous occasions.
Welsh Leagues Websites
Below is a list of some of the various Welsh football leagues’ websites that I have used for reference whilst creating my groundhopping blogs:
- The official FAW Cymru Leagues website, which covers the top league in the Welsh pyramid structure (Cymru Premier) and the second-tier leagues in the pyramid (the Cymru North and the Cymru South).
- The Welsh National League (Wrexham Area) website which covers North East Wales for the third and fourth tiers in the Welsh pyramid structure
- WEBSITE: http://wnl.org.uk/
- The Welsh Alliance League website which covers North West Wales for the third and fourth tiers in the Welsh pyramid structure.
- The Mid-Wales Football League website which covers Central Wales for the third and fourth tiers in the Welsh pyramid structure.
- WEBSITE: http://midwalesleague.pitchero.com/
- The North East Wales League website which covers Flintshire and Wrexham for the fifth tier in the Welsh pyramid structure, and filters into the WNL structure. Originally called the “Clwyd East League”.
- WEBSITE: http://clwydleagueeast.pitchero.com/
- The Vale of Clwyd and Conwy Football League website which covers Denbighshire and Conwy Borough County for the fifth and sixth tiers in the Welsh pyramid structure.
- WEBSITE: http://www.vccfl.co.uk/
- The Gwynedd Football League website which covers Gwynedd and Anglesey for the fifth tier in the Welsh pyramid structure.
Below is a list of football websites I have used and referenced throughout the years which have helped me produce the groundhopping blogs:
Other Websites Worth Visiting
Some other websites that are certainly worth a visit are:
- BIG ALEX’S WORLD BEER BLOG – This is a blog created by Alex Latham where he is attempting to try a beer or ale from every country in the world, as well as a beer or ale from every US state, and a beer or ale from every British county. He gives his opinions on the beers/ales as he tries them, as well as giving a little bit of information on the location they are produced.
- THE SOOL SLEUTH – The K-League Kilt’s alternative persona! For this blogsite, he investigates the numerous versions of beers, soju and makgeolli that are produced, or are available, in South Korea, and gives his expert opinion upon them! He has also recently started producing videos on his makgeolli reviews! Well worth watching!
- RIOTBANANAS – The musings of Twitch streamer Steve “RiotBananas” James which talk about everything from television programmes, to gaming, to Formula 1 and beyond. Check out his regular streams on Twitch also, where he plays a number of games.
Football Manager Community
A selection of people who produce or stream excellent Football Manager content:
- AUSSIE VILLAIN
- DOCTOR BENJY FM
- KEG MAN PLAYS
- LOKI DOKI
- SECOND YELLOW CARD